Sunday, March 21, 2004

Emotionally Unavailable

A friend of mine told me she was "emotionally unavailable" and thus was not able to have a relationship with any of the guys the had been dating recently. She didn't have the energy to put into something that wasn't "special". So if it meant going out of her way to spend time with someone, forget it. I thought about this and came to the following conclusions:

-I am emotionally unavailable.
-I blame this on my job. After putting so much of myself into my work and using so much of my energy communicating with those that are sick or injured, I don't have enough energy to put into my personal life.
-due to my emotional unavailability, I have not only suffered personally, but I have put myself at risk for early burn-out in my professional life.
-I am full of shit and being "emotionally unavailable" is an excuse for saying I am lazy, selfish, and unable to commit. I told my friend to get over it and to go find herself a boyfriend and quit making excuses for dating losers.

No comments: