Tuesday, March 23, 2004

h.o.t. day at the mountain

Oh man, I have to tell you about my day snowboarding yesterday. I'll put it in easy-to-read point form:

1300hrs: arrived at mountain. pretty damn hot. decided to change the day from hot to h.o.t. and skip the jacket. yeah, no goggles either. just a sweatshirt and my sunglasses.

1400hrs: ok, the sunglasses and no jacket was great. cruising down the mountain without a care in the world. oh wait, just one. its too hot for this sweatshirt.

1430hrs: ditched the sweatshirt and went riding with just a long-sleeved t-shirt with the sleeves pulled up. with such a beautiful day up on the mountain its hard to believe this is a winter sport. i saw a chick at the terrain park with just a tank top on pulling 360's off a huge kicker. sweet.

1600hrs: damn! did that guy do a backflip 360? i actually stopped wearing my gloves too cuz my hands were sweating. i couldn't take my sunglasses off because the sun was too bright. darn.

1730hrs: all day the snow was kinda slushy and wet but that made it very soft when landing jumps or when falling after trying to hold a tailpress too long. now the sun is starting to go down and the runs are getting a little icy. time to call it a day. spring skiing/riding is just... cool.

No comments: