Saturday, March 27, 2004

Argh!

Tonight has been a very frustrating night. I'm tired, grumpy, my stomach hurts, I just want to go home, and I have to come back again tomorrow night. All the patients seem to be awake and no one wants to sleep. They are ringing non-stop! What is it about tonight that everyone needs to go to the bathroom 3 or 4 times? Seriously, how many times have you gotten up out of bed at 3am to go take a dump? And do you drink half a liter of water before going to bed? Probably not because if you did you'd have to get up and pee in less than an hour.

What is it about being in the hospital that people lose all their common sense and sense of personal pride? I understand that a surgery on a broken ankle hurts, but why would you need to have someone feed you? And why would you walk around the ward with the back of your gown wide open showing your ass to every nurse, doctor, and visitor? And, lastly, if a nurse told you not to eat before surgery, why would you try to sneak a chocolate bar? "oh, I was nervous. I thought it would help calm me down." Right, because that much sugar calms a lot of people down. "You're surgery has been cancelled until tomorrow because you ate something."

Word of advice to you all: when you go to the hospital, leave everything at home but bring two things: a pair of shoes and your brain.

No comments: