Thursday, March 25, 2004

Final thoughts

As I approach my last few days on the ward to leave (temporarily) for my new job, I've come to realize a few things:

1. I actually like my job. No matter how much I complain about it, I still find my job very satisfying.
2. The patients need me. Well, not just me, but they need someone to look after them, babysit them, console them, and discipline them. They are my children.
3. The people I work with are great. These are the people I'll miss the most. I've gone through a lot with them and I feel like I'm going to miss out on so much in the next year. Good luck, Jas!
4. I've come to see my ward as my "home" at the hospital. I've met many people around the hospital and when they see me, they know I'm from ortho. Its sortof who I am at the hospital. "You know Oliver, the guy from ortho." "Oh yeah! I know him. He has a nice ass." Man, I hear this all the time. :P

So, with 5 shifts left in the next week and a half, I've been cherishing every moment with my co-workers, friends, patients, peers, and peons. I'll miss you all. See you next year.

No comments: