Monday, April 12, 2004

Early Summer

This weather is amazing. Yesterday I tried to go to White Rock Beach to just hang out. Maybe have some ice cream, walk along the pier, people watch... Holy Crap was the place busy. I took me 20 minutes to drive 2 blocks just to reach the place and then I turned onto the strip and looked for parking. As I passed all the full parking lots I looked at the other lane and said, "so if we wanna turn around and look for parking, we have to get into this lineup?" So we said ScrewIt and went to the VW dealership to test drive some cars. But, when we got there, the place was closed! wtf? How does the rest of the world live like this - only getting weekends off when everthing is busy, there's lines everywhere, stores are closed? This something I'll have to get used to.

I kinda miss my old ward. I was chatting with Isabel the other day and she said she was having trouble with some of the staff. I had to go through who's cool to work with, who to avoid, how the coffee breaks work, and how to get away with shit. Normally, I'd be working today so I thought I'd drop by the hospital and give them an ice cream cake. Its a holiday, so they are having a potluck today. They do this every holiday.

No comments: