Saturday, April 17, 2004

Television

I have to admit that I probably spend too much time in front of the TV. I don't watch it every day, and I don't watch one show religiously, but I will sit in front of the TV for hours at a time. Once in a while I'll get hooked on a show. Before I started nursing, I used to work in a grocery store. I'd work until 10:30pm and be up until 3 or 4 in the morning. At around 2am I used to watch Melrose Place. For a while, 21 Jumpstreet was on at 3am. I stopped working evening shifts and started doing day shifts and I ended up waking up early every day and watching Transformers:Beast Wars every day at 8am.
Nowadays, I just watch whatever is on. In the middle of the afternoon there's a lot of Frasier, Home Improvement, Seinfeld, Star Trek, and Friends is always on. Syndication is a wonderful thing.
What I wonder now is: what's going to be in syndication in 5 years from now? Old episodes of Survivor? My Big, Fat, Obnoxious Fiance? American Idol? Well, I guess old episodes of Friends will still be running and there's always ER, CSI, Law & Order, and The Simpsons. I think our obsession with reality TV has ruined the future of syndicated tv.

No comments: