Monday, April 5, 2004

First Day

Wow was today ever boring. My new manager wanted us to go to the same orientation that every new hire has to take. This way, we have a better idea of what kind of information/knowledge they have before taking our class. Today was the regional orientation for the Fraser North region. This was a total waste of time. Tuesday and Wednesday are the orientation days for the Health Information Department. This might be a little more interesting. We'll see...

So I'm sorry to all of my readers that enjoyed my stories from work. No more exciting code blue stories, no more stories of people bleeding on my leg. Well, I'll try to tell some stories from the past. I wouldn't want to let you down. I think my new stories will be less interesting and more to sound of, "this guy didn't know what a mouse was." or "I told one person to turn their computer off and they turned off the monitor." hehe

Anyway, my new job is mostly a teaching position. This is kind of ironic because my mom used to be a teacher in the Philippines (grade school), my brother is a high school teacher, and now I'm working in adult education. Funny, huh? Who'd of thunk it? The new software that I have to teach will go live in June and by that time our goal is to have trained 60% of the clinical staff. Should be okay, right? Well the hospital has about 1500 employees that will be using this program. So we're looking at training 800 people in about 2 months. After that, we just move on to the next hospital until we finish all of them. This should be the end of my contract and I'll be back to my old job: body-bagger and ass-wiper. I'm guessing by Christmas I'll already be missing my old job.